Mr Kamal Hanif – CEO
Mrs Ann Lloyd -Principal
Secondary Phase Assistant SENDCO
Pay Scale L6 – L10
To start January 2022
We became an all through school in September 2012. We achieved IIP Gold in December 2013. In September 2021 we were graded ‘Good’ across all areas by Ofsted in a full section 5 inspection. At Waverley we endeavour to create an environment which allows everyone to develop mutual respect for each other and a respect for learning.
Waverley School is a friendly and welcoming all through school for pupils ages 4 -19, with a resource base for pupils with cognitive and learning difficulties. Our school community benefits greatly from our landmark award winning buildings that provide everyone with state of the art facilities for learning, teaching and training. At Waverley School we promote a culture of ‘Learning Through Diversity’ and our values of Humanity, Aspiration, Equality and Respect. We are a forward thinking school with the highest of ambitions for all our pupils regardless of backgrounds and starting points.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Assistant Secondary SENDCO within our Secondary Phase and Resource Base.
You will be responsible to and will be in managed by the Director of Inclusion. You will be responsible for providing effective co-leadership and co-management of the SEND team, building and maintaining an effective teaching team which enhances the quality of learning and achievement for all SEND pupils, maintaining the SEND register and providing strategic reports on the progress of SEND students. You will also be co-responsible for co-ordinating intervention and support to raise achievement and training the TA team and subject teachers to best support their students and provide an inclusion provision. The role will involve ensuring all appropriate staff read and comply with Educational Health and Care Plans, that they are familiar with the school’s SEND policy and the DFE Code of Practice and refer pupils in need of assessment regarding possible special educational provision. You will also be required to co-create, maintain and distribute IEPs for all pupils with Special Educational Needs at appropriate intervals and use the IEPs to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
- SENCO qualified (if unqualified we will support the successful candidate to enrol on a SENCO qualification)
- A secondary phase English, Maths or Science specialist teacher
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement strategies for the efficient running of the School within the policies adopted by the Governing Body.
- Help create a commitment to a clear vision for an effective school.
- Be a role model to uphold the school’s mission statement and the school’s values of humanity, equality, aspiration and respect
- Initiate and manage change and improvement to develop the School and the staff.
- Use Leadership and Management (LM) time effectively for these purposes.
A reasonable proportion of timetabled time will be designated as LM time and it will be allocated in blocks of no less than 30 minutes.
- On a day-to-day basis, lead and manage staff
- Support the school’s performance management process
- Deploy staff effectively in order to enable staff to achieve a good Work/Life balance.
- Participate in before, during and after school supervisory duties
We can offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a part of an ambitious ‘through school’ with an inclusive ethos.
- Fantastic children who are a delight to teach and who enjoy learning.
- A supportive working environment with a range of opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the schools application form will be accepted.
Waverley School is committed to the protection and safety of its students.