Waverley Education Foundation works hard to ensure that all of our students, regardless of their age, background, or experiences, are well-equipped to be members of a modern, British society. We have four common values across our schools: humanity, equality, aspiration, and respect. These are firmly embedded within the culture of learning and we are proud that our student community demonstrates these impressive behaviours daily.
We promote a culture of ‘learning through diversity’. We believe that education is about transforming the lives of young people so that they become successful adults, helping to deepen their understanding of human values and attitudes and developing their vision, ambition and aspirations. We also believe that education is about preparing pupils so that they gain the confidence and capacity to flourish in the British and global society of today and tomorrow. We work collaboratively to ensure that pupils are able to make carefully considered lifestyle choices, develop and maintain friendships (including the responsible use of social media and digital technology) and discover forms of work that are fulfilling, enjoying and enriching their lives through discovery, reading and culture and face the future with calm intelligence and resourcefulness.
Waverley Education Foundation is an active member of its local community and takes seriously its responsibility to work with others, particularly those who can contribute to the continual learning and progress of our pupils. We believe that not only must we create and support a culture of learning in our school, but also support the development of a learning culture in the community so that it, in turn, continues to become even more flourishing and thriving. We will ensure that there is an equality of opportunity for individuals, pupils, parents, teachers, and the school community. We value and learn from the diversity within our school, and respect the individuality of each person. In doing so, we celebrate the achievements of all sections of our local community by showcasing excellence, whatever its origin in terms of faiths, cultures, genders and orientations.
- Our vision for our Academies ensures their environment allows all learners to flourish by encouraging mutual respect
- Everyone will realise and achieve their potential
- We are the centre of the community and have the responsibility for its learning
- We will develop opportunities that will provide for the social and economic well-being of our community
- We value the diversity of our community, the wider world, and respect the individuality of everyone.
- We will ensure everyone in our school community has an understanding of human values and attitudes, past and present. This will include how society is organised and develops
- Pupils will be empowered to succeed within a British and Global society that will equip them to be the citizens of tomorrow, anytime anywhere and any place
- Laying the foundations for success
- Creating opportunities, broadening horizons
- Being creative and innovative
- Having a stimulating, pleasant and collaborative learning environment
- Putting pupils first (at the heart of everything we do)
- Learning through diversity
- To be healthy, safe and secure
- All individuals enjoy and achieve success
- Making a positive contribution to the school, community and society.
- Developing economic, social and emotional well-being.