Fixed Term Maternity Cover - Part time 2 days per week
Primary Teacher KS1 – 0.4 (2 Days)
Maternity Cover – One Year Fixed Term Contract
MPS/UPS Pay Scale
Working days: Thursdays and Fridays
Start: March 2023
Waverley Education Foundation (WEF) is a Multi Academy Trust, which operates both Waverley School and Waverley Studio College. WEF has over 1900 pupils on roll across the trust. It develops, brokers and delivers a range of services which support learning and leadership & management and improve outcomes for children and young people.
Waverley School is an all through school for pupils aged 4-19. It also has a Resource Base for pupils with cognition and learning difficulties. In its recent Ofsted inspection in September 2021, Waverley School was graded as a ‘Good’ School. Waverley Studio College is a specialist academy catering for 14 – 19 year old students which offers both academic and vocational qualifications. We have state of the art facilities for learning, teaching and training and a strong staff team that are committed to the learning and development of all our students.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking KS1 primary class teacher within our Primary Phase.
The successful applicants will:
- Have the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve, through their own best practice.
- Create a classroom learning environment that is happy, challenging and engaging.
- A creative approach to the curriculum and the ability to deliver learning in an exciting way.
- Take full advantage of the opportunities we offer in developing our curriculum and learning skills.
- Be committed to working as part of a team.
- Ideally Have experience of teaching KS1.
In return we can offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a part of an ambitious ‘through school’ with an inclusive ethos.
- Fantastic children who are a delight to teach and who enjoy learning.
- A supportive working environment with a range of opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the schools application form will be accepted.
Waverley School is committed to the protection and safety of its students.
The closing date for applications is 10.00 a.m. on Friday 24th February 2023
Completed applications should be sent to Applications@waverley.bham.sch.uk Applications received after this date and time will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.