Initial Teacher Training
The Waverley Education Foundation works in partnership with local Birmingham schools and universities to offer a range of PGCE programmes. We share a commitment to raising aspiration in areas of significant socio-economic disadvantage and are passionate about training teachers who will both educate and inspire the young people in our care.
Why choose Waverley School Direct?
- Make a real difference to some of the most disadvantaged young people in the city
- Full postgraduate PGCE, incl. Qualified Teacher Status and 60 credits at Master’s level
- Consistently high employment success rates for our trainees
- Our three year commitment to supporting your early career
- Strong partnership with Birmingham City University
- A supplementary school-led programme where our trainees can learn together from outstanding practitioners
- A close alliance of schools working together year after year
- Start your teaching career in Birmingham – great diversity, social life and affordability
What our trainees say
“Extremely practical training with supportive staff who understand completely how it feels to be in your position.”
“If I am remembered as a good teacher it will be thanks to Waverley School Direct.”
“A great team who go the extra mile.“